Thursday, March 5, 2015

Interview with the Vampire

Interview with the Vampire 
Eclectic Reader: Published before you born
To Be Read Pile



Meh, that's about all I have to say for this book. I really didn't care for it at all. I know this opinion upsets throngs of people and I will most likely be burned at the stake as a heretic but alas here we are. I found the writing style had too much flourish for my taste. I imagine Rice was trying for the novel to read more like Dracula and I did not care for that one either. I am certain I am a product of my generation on this matter. Also, I found that I did not care for any of the characters I couldn't find a redeeming quality in any of them. Here the little blurb from goodreads.com Here are the confessions of a vampire. Hypnotic, shocking, and chillingly erotic, this is a novel of mesmerizing beauty and astonishing force—a story of danger and flight, of love and loss, of suspense and resolution, and of the extraordinary power of the senses. It is a novel only Anne Rice could write. Nothing more to say on this really, maybe watching the movie first ruined me, maybe I'm just weird but I am glad to be moving on to another book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment