Monday, December 29, 2014

Witches of East End

Witches of East End - Melissa de la Cruz 
Category: Book with a direction in the title
5 out of 5 stars

I chose this book as a secondary choice because a friend had just finished my first choice and hated it.  I am glad I went with this one instead because I absolutely loved it! The author also writes one of my favorite series, Blue Bloods , so I thought I might enjoy this one as well. The story is about the three Beauchamp women, Joanna and her daughters Freya and Ingrid, who just happen to be witches. They have lived under a restriction from magic for centuries but have quietly decided to go against the council and help the people of North Hampton, However, during the Fourth of July weekend a young girl is murdered and the witches get the first blame. The women must work together to solve the crime to save themselves all with a little romance on the side of course. I loved the way the story unfolded and really enjoyed the bits of mythology de la Cruz used. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys the supernatural fantasy genre, can't wait to read the sequel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment