Sunday, February 1, 2015

I Got You, Babe

Category: Song Lyric in the title 
2 out of 5 Stars 

Ok, I know its been a long while since I posted but I started a new job, and took a break to binge watch some Netflix. Also I had a really hard time getting into this book. It wasn't terrible it was just slow. Here is the blurb from goodreads.com 
She picked the wrong man . . . 
On the run for a robbery she didn’t commit, Renee Esterhaus is stuck in the middle of Texas with a broken car and a sadistic bounty hunter hot on her trail. Desperate for a way out, Renee decides to make a promise she never intends to keep–offer the first man she meets a night of unforgettable pleasure in return for a ride. A night to remember, all right, since the handsome guy turns out to be a cop with a pair of handcuffs and zero tolerance for sweet-talking criminals.
. . . only to find Mr. Right.
John DeMarco was supposed to be on vacation, far away from the lowlifes he endured on a daily basis. Even with his guard down, he doesn’t expect to be duped–especially by a beautiful blonde con artist whose claims of innocence and tempting curves are nearly impossible to resist. Renee is not a woman he can trust . . . so why does he feel himself falling in love? 

     Sounds promising but it just took me a while to get into it. I think because there were too many details about things I thought didn't matter. The story finally got interesting in the middle and by the end I was wanting these two to end up together and hoping things would work out. I think if the author cut the book in half it would have been better but over all a cute little read, maybe good for the beach or something but not really my cup of tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment