Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hourglass

Hourglass - Myra McEntire
Category: Local Author (Myra McEntire lives in Nashville, TN)
4 out of 5 Stars

   I really enjoyed this book!!  It was a little slow in some places but I find that usually the first book in a series is because of all the information and background the author must give. The primise to this book drew me in: For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn't there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents' death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She's tried everything, but the visions keep coming back. So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson's willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may also change her past. I couldn't wait to find out why Emerson was seeing the visions and how it related to the Hourglass. Also there were some twists and turns I did not see coming! I love Emerson and Michael together, and I can't wait to get to the next book unfortunately its at the bottom of my to read pile. 





No comments:

Post a Comment